Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Saturday Diaries vol. 2

J'ai passé un sabbat presque parfait. My day has contained good books, the discovery of Trust by Hernan Diaz in a free little library, a delicious Pita Pit salad and Wild Wheat cherry danish, a coffee date with a new friend, a (45 minute!) French conversation with a new friend, and a screening of Tout le monde aime Jeanne at The Bridgeway in Northcote. 

The only negative aspects of this day have been a) my poor eating habits (still an issue, but I'm determined to keep fighting for balance) and b) the fact that I am writing this post or really, attempting to write anything at all, at this hour. My brain and I are not at our best après vingt heures

But it has been a momentous week in big and small ways and I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that. I got sick for the first time this year, spending two days lying horizontal on the couch and missing my kids and classroom through it all. I unmade a big decision to the point of no return. (More on that in the next few weeks.) I both listened to and spoke a lot of French, feats of which I am proud. I have lived - really lived - my rule of life, trying to make all those good, small decisions each and every day.

It's been a good week. I am grateful. I am looking forward to whatever this next week brings. 

Reading: The Father Heart of God by Floyd McClung and This Must Be The Place by Maggie O'Farrell. 

Watching: Tout le monde aime Jeanne, et comme d'habitude, Gilmore Girls

Listening to: The most recent episode of Literary Friction in which Carrie interviews Octavia about her newly-released memoir, This Ragged Grace. I can't wait to get my hands on this gorgeous-sounding book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment